Tax and Economic Update
Wednesday, December 14
Lancaster Marriott & Convention Center
25 S. Queen Street, Lancaster
7 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. (breakfast and lunch included)
Michael Bannasch, CPA, State and Local Tax Practice Leader
Kirsten Deeds, CPA, International Tax Practice Leader
Amy Heim, CPA, Estates and Trusts Practice Leader
William Onorato, JD, MBA, Family Office Practice Leader, RKL Wealth Management
Eric Wenger, CPA, Tax Partner
Ruthann Woll, CPA, Tax Partner
The RKL team will provide an overview of the current tax laws that will impact the 2023 tax filing season and discuss whether popular planning strategies are still viable. The session will focus on mitigating the potential effects of new tax rules on you and your business at the federal, state and local level, as well as identify possible international tax implications. Earn 3.5 Taxation Credits.
Attendees will be able to:
- Interpret recent individual and corporate tax updates
- Discuss potential changes for international tax and their impact on businesses
- Understand states' current positions on which businesses must comply with their sales tax laws
- Update colleagues and their business leaders about the emerging tax policy landscape and react to potentially imminent changes to the tax code
- Recognize major developments in 2022 state income tax laws that affect their business
- Identify key corporate tax issues that may impact businesses for year-end planning and the upcoming filing season
- Recognize the latest developments in the area of estate and trust taxation and how those developments impact wealth transfer planning and tax preparation for high net worth families and business owners
Nicholas Boyer, Partner/Chief Investment Officer, RKL Wealth Management
Nick will provide a snapshot of the current state of the economy, focusing on local and global implications of rising inflation, variable job reports and fluctuating GDP growth. Earn 1 Economics CPE credit.
By the end of this session, attendees will be able to:
- Describe how various aspects of the economy are performing
- Identify the current sources of economic uncertainty
Register for this Seminar
- CPE: Earn 3.5 hours in the field of taxation and 1 hour in the field of economics, see course description above.
- Cancellations: Cancellations outside of unforeseen circumstances are requested by December 6, 2022.
- Refunds: Due to this program being offered free of charge, there will be no refunds issued.
- Prerequisites: None | Advanced Preparation: None | Program Level: Basic | Delivery Method: Group-Live
For information regarding our complaint policy, contact RKL’s HR department at 717.394.5666. RKL is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE Credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website, www.learningmarket.org.